Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Christian with BPD: How Do You Solve Small Problems?



So as this brief little video indicates, one of my struggles is overcoming small challenges. It's not from lack of trying. But like in this instance, I had tried (quite patiently) to solve the same problem about five times and it kept coming back failed. Small problems become bigger for me when I see no hope of solving it. They then become mountains that tower over me and mock me. By the time I get home from work every day, there have been so many things that have tested my will power and self control that I'm exhausted. People around me don't know how big of a "win" it is just to come out of a day in-tact and having no smoldering remains of friendships or job relationships. It's not that I'm a crazy, out-of-control rage-aholic, it's just that my emotions pendulum goes a little haywire inside and I have to try harder than most to maintain an outward appearance of composure and control.

No comments:

Post a Comment